Friday, July 29, 2005

Pregnancy

SO--I am pregnant, WE are pregant I guess I should say. I am really starting to feel "big" and having to work harder to stand up straight. I am excited to finally be feeling movement and kicks fairly regularly. At first I wasn't sure it was actually the baby moving around in there, but I am more confident now. Most of the time I don't feel anything when I am up and about, but how amazing it is to sit or lay down and just start to feel these little "kicks" from inside. As I told my MOM--it is SO weird feeling little kicks pushing out on you, rather than in. In a way at first it sort of made my stomach feel unsettled, but now I am starting to get more used to it.
I praise God when I feel the baby-- for such a wonderful blessing from Him. What an amazing miracle of life. Now that the we have seen sonogram pictures and I am feeling movements all of this is starting to seem more real.


Some random facts for today:

  • I am 152 days or 21 weeks pregnant
  • I have approx. 19 weeks left, and am 52.5% of the way there. (according to PregnancyWeekly.com)
  • The baby weighs about 1 pound at this point and is around 11 inches long.
  • Today is FRIDAY (yeah!) and I am making Teriaki Grilled Chicken Strips for supper (my mother in law's recipe that is very yummy!)
  • Tomorrow I plan to SLEEP LATE!
  • I love my husband very much. :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations again, to you both. It was nice to finally meet you in May, Jana. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I know we are loving sweet Charis Anne in my family. :)
I don't keep a blog on here, but I have one at
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=RefrigeratorArt
It has my wonderings and wanderings, especially with the wedding coming up and my fiance's new job in Florida.
Hope to see you guys around Cedar Springs sometime!
Blessings to you,
Becca

Susanna Rose said...

Teriacki chicken strips sound good! I'll have to try that some time!

Jordana said...

Teriyaki Chicken sounds awesome....would love a new recipe! :-) Hope you had a great Saturday!