Sunday, March 07, 2010

Mini Getaway

While ago Kane's sister, Elizabeth told us that she'd be staying in Chattanooga for a teacher conference and invited us to come up one of the nights she was there to stay with her. The hotel she was in was attached to the conference center where her meetings were held and it had an in-door pool. So, Mara Kate and I decided to make the trip up for an overnight visit.

We actually headed to Chattanooga early on Friday and spent the morning visiting with one of my friends who lives in Chattanooga, who I hadn't seen in way too long. She has two girls around Mara Kate's age, so they had a blast playing together while Sarah and I spent the morning talking and catching up. We had a really great visit!

Mara Kate with my friend Sarah's girls.
They played so well together considering they really didn't know each other.



After lunch Mara Kate and I headed downtown to the hotel to meet up with Kane's mom (who had come down the night before to stay with Elizabeth). She took Mara Kate to the pool while we waited for Elizabeth's sessions to be over for that day. That evening we all rode a shuttle bus over to eat supper at Big River Grille. Mara Kate thought riding the shuttle was SOOO fun because she didn't have to be buckled into her booster seat.

We enjoyed a wonderful supper out together before Kane's mom headed home that evening. After supper Elizabeth took Mara Kate back down to the pool while I chilled in the room for awhile. I enjoyed having some time to chat with Elizabeth once they got back from the pool and Mara Kate literally fell into bed! She was completely wiped out after swimming twice in one day!

Saturday morning Elizabeth had a couple more sessions to attend so Mara Kate and I took our time getting ready. She got to watch some cartoons on tv while I got our things packed up and ready to load back into the car. I also took her back to the pool one more time that morning before time to check out. We really made the most of our quick stay at a nice hotel and Mara Kate loved being able to go swimming 3 times in less than 24 hours!

After Elizabeth's conference finished up we headed over to Chili's for lunch then parted ways. It was a nice little getaway and I'm glad it worked out for us to go and hang out with her.

Thanks for inviting us BeBe! We had fun!



Mara Kate ready to hit the pool!
She thought it was great that she could swim in the winter!



Supper at Big River Grill. Yummy Food!!



Tuie & me at supper



Mara Kate with Tuie and Elizabeth on the shuttle headed back to the hotel.



Mara Kate knocked out after swimming twice in one day. We were able to get a roll-away bed for her and she liked having her own bed. Elizabeth and I both laughed as she sat up several times in her sleep and also talked a bit. Overall she slept pretty hard though!


3 comments:

Dad said...

I'm glad you were able to have a fun "girls getaway". MK is old enough that this may be one of her permanent memories.

crossfield said...

Yay! I had such a good time, too. I'm really glad you and MK (and baby E) made the drive. It's fun to take advantage of these opportunities for a get-together. Love you all!

Katie said...

Very fun! Love MK's little bikini!