Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Goings On

-Kane is still working like a dog to finish up at Tech by his defense deadline.

-Mara Kate and I leave Saturday morning to go to the beach for a week (without Kane) with Kane's family. I am so looking forward to a week to sit on the beach, play in the waves, read and just relax...sort of like the calm before the storm.

-I have started packing and the apartment is starting to look a little bare, although it's still too early to pack anything we use on a weekly basis. I have gathered some boxes and packing materials so I can hit the packing hard once I get home from the beach.

-We get the keys to our rental house in Rome in less than a month, which is exciting. I am anxious to get up there and get it all clean and also paint Mara Kate's room some shade of green, which is her favorite color. I'm still debating on the exact shade, but have been asking for people's opinions and am carrying my paint chips in my purse with me.

-We are having fajitas for supper tonight, although it will be a variation on what I normally do. I was too lazy to dice up my chicken, so I just threw several frozen pieces in the crockpot with my normal fajita seasoning mixed with some water and let it cook for several hours. I'll shred it and serve it...we'll see how it turns out.

-Need to go exercise---so guess that's it for today!

4 comments:

Megan Watson said...

Okay, firstly, I love homemade fajitas so much and it's always vicariously fun to read about your fajita nights on your blog. Secondly, how did the chicken go in the crock pot? That sounds so appealing to just toss it in with some seasoning and let it cook itself. Let me know if it works!!

Betsy said...

I'm learning that chicken is very easy to make in the crock pot! I enjoy reading your blog so I'm glad you "updated"!

Robert Kingston said...

You're allowed to paint a place you're renting? Or have you gotten permission from the landlord?

Christy said...

Can't wait to come and see your new place in a few weeks! So fun! Thanks for the tip about the chicken...will try sometime. I'll call you later today,
CJY