Monday, May 04, 2009

Day of Celebrating

We had a blast celebrating Kane's birthday yesterday. We went to church in the morning then out to lunch after ward. Kane picked the restaurant and we had a great time eating at
P.F. Changs. It was new to us and we definitely plan to go back. I'm not normally a huge fan of Chinese food, but will say I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and wouldn't mind eating there more often.


Kane and Mara Kate, before heading to church



Such a sweet look on MK's face



Kane and I at lunch
This picture was taken by our little photographer, Mara Kate. Didn't she do such a good job??! We are pretty much even centered in the shot I seriously think she might have a gift for photography.




Famous P.F. Changs lettuce wraps---very tasty!



Another appetizer, Crispy Green Beans, with to-die-for dipping sauce



Kane and Mara Kate, she wanted to sit next to the birthday boy.
(I just love this picture---with Mara Kate's little hand wrapped around her Daddy's neck).



Trying out the chopsticks.



A few grains of rice successfully into her mouth!



Now let's play with them!



What fun!



Birthday kisses!



Silliness!



Complimentary mini b-day dessert



Time for his real birthday cake



Smokin!



Happy Birthday, Kane!!!



Present time



His goodies---
A green laser pointer, a spiffy new tie to wear at his upcoming defense
as well as some of his favorite candy
.

4 comments:

Patrick and Laren Barker said...

What a great celebration! I am impressed with MK's photography skills. Thanks for sharing with us. We love you all!

Katie said...

What a fun birthday! I'm so glad you like P.F.'s now! Yeay!

love,
K

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful that Jana and MK made my birthday special.
For the record, I was not the one who encouraged MK to play with her chopsticks. I can't take Jana anywhere.

alley said...

Happy belated birthday, Kane!