Thursday, April 17, 2008

This Week So Far

I just wanted to share several things from our week so far...

Disclaimer: random

1) When we got home from our trip, we found a new stash of goodies (most of which we are saving for birthday or Christmas) for Mara Kate left by Kane's Aunt Carol while we were away. The biggest hit by far was her very own toddler-sized umbrella.

Here are a couple pictures of her and her new umbrella, which she has played with pretty much constantly so far this week. (Thanks so much Carol!!)


Her umbrella sat on the floor next to her this morning while she watched Sesame Street.


2) A while back I hit one of the consignment sales they have in Atlanta. The one I usually go to happens twice a year, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. I didn't post pictures of all the good finds, but the outfit Mara Kate is wearing today I got at the sale. I thought she looked so cute and since I got such a good deal, I thought I'd post a picture of it as well.


I love these OshKosh shorts, with the little embroidered belt.
I think I paid less than $4 for this entire outfit.



3) This morning Mara Kate and I made a batch of cookies to pair with some meals I am taking to a couple new moms in our church tomorrow. I told Mara Kate we could keep a few cookies for us as well. She kept wanting to eat the batter, so by the times the cookies were actually baked and cool enough to eat, I let her have one. She was so excited and said, "Mmmm!" as soon as the first taste hit her tongue. The very next words out of her mouth were, "Daddy come home, Daddy have one, k?"
She sure loves her Daddy and immediately thought about sharing with him! She wanted to make sure we were going to save something that good for her Daddy! I called Kane and let him know how she was looking out for him. So sweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The umbrella would come in handy in Kansas City today. Very rainy. Save some cookies for Grandpa!

Jordana said...

that is a cute umbrella!

did you rearrange your living area?!?! :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOOOVE MK's outfit! It's SOOO cute!!! Alley