Monday, February 25, 2008

Feeling Crafty

Mara Kate has been invited to a birthday party for one of her little friends from church. The party is tomorrow. Instead of buying another toy, I decided I'd turn this gift giving opportunity into a chance to be crafty! I wanted to make something personalized and something that would help make this little guy feel like a "big boy"--especially since this big boy will also be a big brother soon.

Pulling from the little bit of painting experience I now have from making these for Mara Kate's room and also by stealing an idea I got from my friend Katherine, who made something very similar for Mara Kate's 2nd birthday, this is what I came up with...


The invitation we received had a race car on it, so I carried the boyish race car theme over to his new door hanging! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I hope he (and his Mama) like it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very crafty (and creative) of you! I'm guessing that both the handwork and the gift itself will be appreciated more than just one more little toy you could have bought. It looks great!

Megan said...

Luke and I love it, too!!! Dave was very impressed when he saw it. Thanks so much!