Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Christmas Card Pictures

When we get Christmas cards or pictures from family and friends during the holidays, I usually display them on a slatted door so we can enjoy them during the holiday season, but after the holidays are over I take them down when I un-decorate. This year I decided I wanted to find a fun way to keep these picture out all throughout the new year. So this is what I did...


It is a framed corkboard and it is hanging in my kitchen. It really adds lots of color and life to an otherwise bare wall. It has been fun to look at the pictures with Mara Kate and she likes pointing out those she knows and loves.

So, what do you do with your pictures after the holidays are over?

3 comments:

Betsy said...

They're still on my fridge. I only WISH I were as organized as you! :)

Anonymous said...

Very creative. I'm looking forward to seeing your picture board in person!

Becca said...

As long as I can remember and through all our moves as a kid, my mom *always* had a picture board of family and friends in the kitchen. It's become a "thing" family and friends knew my mom had and would look for when visiting from out of town. I put one together ASAP after we got married and have kept it in the kitchen--at the apt. and the house--ever since! :) I love having that piece of "home" in my home. Only recently I switched it up a bit. We now have a giant 3'x4' cork board in our kitchen with pics of close friends and family, as well as space for birth announcements, save the date cards, etc. And my smaller, first board is now in the laundry room so I can see and pray over our friends and family while washing/drying/ironing away. :)

~Becca