Monday, August 06, 2007

A Great Birthday Weekend

This past Thursday my parents drove Mara Kate and I back to Atlanta. We had been at their house for almost a week and it was time to come home to see Daddy.

Mom and Dad stayed the weekend with us and got to be here at our new apartment for the first time. They tried out my guest towels and shower curtain in their very own "guest bath" and we just had a grand time hanging out. Friday we went to a new fun grocery store in the area called Trader Joe's and then stopped at the Farmer's Market for some goodies that can't be found just anywhere. I got some yummy avacados as well as a pound of fresh okra (which I plan on fixing with supper tonight---one of Kane's favorites!).

Friday night my mom made my grandmother's cream puffs for dessert. They were very yummy--hit the spot!

Saturday was a great day---as it was my BIRTHDAY! It was nice to wake up with people here, it made it seem more special in a way. My mom started the day by making some delicious cheese Blintzes for "brunch". After that she and I headed out to do a little shopping at Kohl's. I love Kohl's but don't go very often because there isn't one anywhere close to where we live...but, since it was my birthday and my mom was in town we decided it would be worth a bit of a drive to do something different and fun. Kane lovingly stayed home with Mara Kate (and my dad) while we went and had some "girl time". I did find some good deals on a few new things and am happy with everything I brought home.
Saturday evening we all went out to dinner to The Cheesecake Factory and then came home to open cards, gifts, etc. We finished off the evening by digging in to some of my Mom's famous cheesecake (my birthday cake request) which I don't get to have very often...so, it was a great weekend and one that will be remembered with fond memories.

Thanks mom for all the cooking you did while you were here---the cream puffs, cheese Blintzes and the cheesecake were all WONDERFUL!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad we could be there for your birthday. We had a really good and relaxing time. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday!

Miss Mara Kate sure is a cutie!!!

There's a Trader Joe's near Raleigh and I really like it. It takes me about 30 minutes to get there so I don't go often, but it's reasonably priced and healthy.