Friday, March 09, 2007

Busy Lives

The last few weeks have been busy for us. Mara Kate and I spent a few days in Knoxville reorganizing things we have in storage there and visiting with much of Kane's extended family. We got home on Sunday evening and Monday morning I got news that my dear friend Victoria had lost her grandfather and was heading to Bristol to be with family and go to his funeral. After trying to decide whether to drive up as well so soon after being gone and away from Kane for a few days, I finally decided it would be worth a trip to Bristol to be there for Vic and her family during this time of loss, but also get to see other friends and my family. Kane and I had already planned a weekend trip to Bristol for this past weekend, but because of the funeral plans we decided Kane would forgo this trip and I would drive up alone a few days earlier than we originally planned.

Although I don't love driving all the way to Virginia alone with Mara Kate, the trip was uneventful and I was even able to make a quick stop in Knoxville to feed Mara Kate, eat a sandwich and visit with Kane's family all the while missing out on the Knoxville rush hour. I got back on the road within an hour and arrived in Bristol 2 hours later.

It was GREAT to see Victoria and her family and I really enjoyed the time spent at their house the evening of the funeral services. It felt like old times with many old friends and just the familiarity of their comfortable and welcoming home.

I also enjoyed a WONDERFUL lunch at K.P. Duty with Heidi, Victoria and Jordana a couple days after the services. It was such a sweet time of honest conversation, shared memories, catching up and just being thankful for our long friendships God has preserved over time and distance. What a blessing that was for all of us!!

I stayed at my parents while there and then my mom and I headed back to Atlanta this past Monday. Mom has been here this week and we have had fun talking, cooking, eating, shopping (at IKEA--where else) and just being together. I am excited that my dad will arrive this afternoon sometime and spend the weekend with us. They will be heading home on Sunday and it will be back to just the 3 of us again. I know I will be sorry to say goodbye, but I am looking forward to spending some good quality time with my dear sweet husband. He has truly been so selfless this past month and been so willing to share me (and Mara Kate) with other family and friends who needed me. Thank you Kane for being so giving these past weeks. I love you more for all of this.

And, as always, here are a few pictures of my time in Bristol...and Mara Kate's time hanging out with her affectionate loving cousin, Grant.


Typical morning coffee at Mom and Dad's...YUMMY!! :-)


Cousins playing a duet





Pretending to go to bed


Grant wearing a ribbon and his Daddy's snow cap....precious, right?!

1 comments:

Carrie Cornett said...

Oh yeah! TWO up and coming pianists! :-) Would love to see you guys next time you are around. I check your blogs lots, glad to see your happenings!