Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ciao Benedetta

This week we are saying goodbye to a friend we met a little over a year ago. Benedetta is an Italian student who came to the states for a year to study with Kane's research group at Georgia Tech. Although he spent more time with her at school, I too, have really enjoyed getting to know her as well. She was able to join us for several American meals in our home as well as my attempt at pizza. She participated in several games nights here as well as hosting one for us at her apartment too...where she cooked us an authentic Italian meal. She is always happy to answer all my many questions about Italy and its differences to the strange things of our American culture and has just been a joy to get to know over the past 13 months. The first time i met Benedetta I was VERY pregnant, so she has been able to watch Mara Kate grow a lot and just recently came over to help us celebrate her first birthday--my how time flies!

Mara Kate and I took some time this afternoon to gather a few "Atlanta", "Georgia" and "American" items to give her to take back home as she goes---as a reminder of her time here.

Our hope is to see her again someday soon, maybe in her own country, Lord willing. We would love to take a trip to Italy someday and let HER be our tour guide! (She has already promised to it!)

Benedetta, goodbye and God Bless you. We will miss you, girl! :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Benedetta, I'm Jana's Dad. I'm glad I got to meet you before you head back to Italy. I hope all goes well for you as you go back home.

Anonymous said...

A very sweet commentary about a wonderful person. She is missed already. OB