Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday was Father's Day and it was a very special day in the Barker household. In addition to it being Kane's FIRST Father's Day as a father, my father and mother were here in Atlanta for a weekend visit. We had some fun playing one of our favorite games, Bohnanza as well as a trip to IKEA. We ate some good food and Mara Kate had some quality bonding time with her Mimi and Grandpa.

Mom and Dad, I'm so glad you were able to be here to celebrate this day together. We love you!!

Below is the gift Mara Kate gave to her Daddy.

A few weeks ago my friend Katie and I took our daughters to a pottery studio to "paint" these dinner plates. It was a fun outing for us and a great gift to give our wonderful husbands for being such wonderful daddys to our little girls.

4 comments:

Katie said...

The plate looks great! I'm glad you were able to fix it and I know Kane really appreciated such a good gift! It was so fun painting with the girls and I look forward to doing many dishes in the future! :)
The cooking pics are great too! I do the exact same thing with Ella Ann. It's amazing how much a spoon and pan entertains them!

Anonymous said...

It was a really fun weekend. I still think you should give me those two green beans for the red bean!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time this weekend! I just wish we weren't so far away, or that YOU weren't so far away! It was fun to just relax and GO TO IKEA! I can't believe we got Dad and Kane to go with us!
A miracle! I'll be that won't happen again. I also really enjoyed Bohnanza, and you don't owe me any beans! Hah! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Looks great! A perfect Girl-to-Daddy gift!