Friday, December 16, 2005

Busy

Life is pretty busy with a baby... more busy than I realized it would be, but in a good way. :) I haven't updated the blog in a few days because I simply haven't had the time. Such is life.

Things are going well with us and little Mara Kate. I think everyday we feel more comfortable with her and things are starting to "click" (except for the day time, night time thing---which Mara Kate hasn't quite realized yet---there is a time to sleep/be awake and we currently have them backwards just a bit).

Mara Kate was weighed today---and we found out that she has gained 5 oz. since birth---she is now at a whopping 7lbs. 3oz. :) At least she is growing, which is always reassuring for a parent (especially new parents who don't really know what they are doing).

We are also excited about Christmas (and so thaknful all our shopping was done before the middle of November). We are excited to take Mara Kate on her first road trip to visit grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins as well as friends. Maybe we are crazy with all the traveling, but I know this Christmas will be very special and one we will remember with fond memories for many years to come, I am sure.

I have driven 3 times alone with Mara Kate (a big step for me) without Kane, and I felt fairly confident doing so which is a plus, especially in ATLANTA traffic.

On Tuesday we go back to the pediatrician to make sure things are going well with our little one as far as the doctor is concerned.

OK--so this post has been pretty random and mostly about baby/parent life---but hey, that's about all that has been happening around here the last couple weeks.

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana,
I think you were with me the first time I drove with Grant in the car. I was a mess! I am glad you're doing so well with that in Atlanta! I am excited about you all coming soon1

Anonymous said...

Josh and I both think she's incredibly cute! I'm sorry I had to miss out on seeing her when I was down there, but a cold would DEFINITELY be something you don't want around her.

We're glad to hear you all are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Jana,
I am really looking forward to seeing you and Kane and little Mara Kate again. As far as I am concerned, Christmas starts Wed. night when you arrive. Love ya.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dad. Christmas starts when you arrive because then you all will be here together! It doesn't matter what the calendar says. I am glad you are feeling more confident about meeting her needs and about driving. I am not sure I would feel that confident in Atlanta with a tiny baby. I am glad you do, though. We are praying for safe travel and dry road to drive on Wednesday and again on Sunday as you head to Atlanta. We can hardlly wait for you to arrive! Love, Mom